Why Should You Buy an Automatic Standby Generator Instead of a Portable Generator?
During a utility power outage, an automatic standby generator provides numerous advantages over a portable generator:
- The American Red Cross recommends permanently installed standby generators as a safer way to provide backup power to a home than a portable generator.
- With an automatic standby generator properly installed outside, your home is protected from deadly carbon monoxide poisoning that is a much greater risk with portable generators.
- Running on the home’s natural gas or LP fuel supply, it is less expensive to run than gasoline and does not need to be refilled.
- They start automatically within seconds of a power outage, and eliminate the need to haul a portable generator outside or run extension cords throughout your home.
- They provide protection 24/7, whether you’re home or away, and they turn themselves off when utility power returns, so there is no need to monitor the unit during an outage.
Generac Is the #1 Selling Home Standby Generator
Vertex Mechanical has officially trained Generac Service Technicians and Whole House Generator Service plans with Comfort Shield. Residential generators are always a good idea. Choose the generator four out of five families have already installed. Protect your home or business with the preferred 24/7 backup power protection of Generac.